A Whispered Waiting

 Two voices call across the shifting sand,

Two different paths, two reaching hands.
One is the Anchor, quiet and deep,
A sacred covenant I swore to keep.
The other dances in a gilded light,
A fleeting shadow in the edge of night,
Promising comfort, whispering lies,
Drawing the focus from my weary eyes.

I stand divided on this fractured line,
A heavy, double-minded soul of mine.
Tossed like a ship upon a restless sea,
Exhausted by this bitter rivalry.
I try to hold the altar and the gold,
To keep the new world and preserve the old,
But love divided is a fragile thread,
And leaves the spirit undernourished, unfed.

The counterfeit is wrapped in sweet disguise,
An idol competing for the highest prize.
It asks for just a fraction of my heart,
But slowly tears my loyalties apart.
It offers quick relief, a sudden thrill,
Yet leaves a hollow that it cannot fill.

But then I look upon the faithful One,
Whose love is steady as the rising sun.
He does not strive or force me to my knees,
He does not beg among the roaring seas.
He stands in perfect truth, with nail-scarred hands,
And waits for me to leave the sinking sands.

I cannot serve two masters anymore,
Or keep my footing on a divided shore.
I break the triangle, I cut the tie,
And let the lesser, worldly lovers die.
I turn my gaze, my spirit realigned,
Leaving the fractured, double-mind behind.
I choose the Covenant, the steadfast grace,
And rest my undivided heart in His embrace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25

Must I Surrender

I Dream of Purple Skies- Revision 2 2026